As part of our Multi Engine Add-on, you will be flying in a state-of-the-art Diamond DA42 with the latest technology and safety features including a fully automated digital engine control (FADEC) and a G-1000 glass cockpit. This course includes:
1. 8-hours of flight time including fuel
2. 8-hours of flight instruction
1. FAA Medical Certificate
2. Written exam completed within preceding 24-months
3. ATA Flight Academy study prep completed
4. Deposit paid*
*To reserve a training slot, students must pay 1/2 of the course total as deposit. The remainder is due on the first day of training. To earn your Multi-Engine Add-on, you must have at least a Single Engine Private Pilot certificate and the following:
1. 3-hours of Dual flight with an instructor in a multi engine aircraft 60-days prior to the practical examination (Only applies to initial certificates, not add-ons) Depending on a students current certificates or ratings, a multi-engine check ride can get you different things. For example, if a student has a single engine private pilot certificate and then goes on a multi-engine check ride, then he will earn a multi-engine private pilot certificate. However, if a student has a commercial single engine certificate with an instrument rating, then goes to his multi-engine training, then he will end up with a commercial multi engine certificate with an instrument rating, all in a single check ride. In other words, the least expensive course of action is to get your single engine certificates and ratings first, before you start your multi-engine training. That way, you can get up to 3-new certificates/ ratings for the price of one!
The course total above are derived from FAA regulations and may not represent the actual amount of training required to achieve the specified certificates and/or ratings. The timeline and prices quoted are based on minimum hours. Additional training will be billed at an hourly rate and could extend the graduation date.
At ATA Flight Academy, courses and pricing assume that students meet the FAA prescribed experience prerequisites. If students wish, Aerotex Aviation/ ATA Flight Academy can provide Time Building in order to meet all prerequisites.